Techweek New York 2014 will celebrate the exclusive junction throughout the technology industry over multiple segments..
Techweek aims to provide an open space for all who are passionate about technology to be a part of the conversation – this year, the conference and expo will feature:
- High-Profile Speakers: Techweek New York will showcase influential leaders and influencers in technology who will lead conversations about trends, innovation, growth, action, and changes both for New York and for the tech industry as a whole. Notable names include: Alexis Ohanian, Co-founder, Reddit; Jonah Peretti, CEO, BuzzFeed; Karen Sumberg, Diversity Pod Lead, Google; Neil Vogel, CEO, About.com; Reshma Saujani, Founder and CEO, Girls Who Code; Michael Waxman, CEO, Grouper; Kathryn Minshew, CEO and Founder, The Muse; Will Porteous, General Manager and COO, RRE Ventures; and Michael Slaby, Managing Partner, Timshel. There will also be a number of exciting panels on topics that include social innovation and impact, net neutrality, inclusion in technology, FinTech, media, and more.
- LAUNCH Competition: Pre-qualified startups will compete for cash and sponsor-donated gifts valued at $50,000 from 12pm-5pm on Thursday, October 2. Each participating startup will pitch its business and will be judged by a panel of top tech and business leaders who will ultimately decide the winner of the this year’s LAUNCH Competition.
- Hiring Fair: Whether searching for a new, exciting role or looking to bring an idea to fruition, the Hiring Fair is all about matching talented people with the right jobs. The Hiring Fair has attracted more than 25 top businesses in NYC, ranging from startups to well-established tech brands. Attendees who bring a resume will be granted complimentary access to the Hiring Fair, which will take place from 12pm-5pm on Friday, October 3.
- Hackathon: The Techweek New York Hackathon presented by General Assembly will be a day filled with innovation and development fueled by participants’ passions for business and technology centered on the theme of daily disruption. This year’s Hackathon will feature emerging developers, designers, and entrepreneurs looking to create the next best web or mobile app. Supporting sponsors of the event include: Interoute, ChallengePost, Inbox, and Uber. The event will take place at General Assembly’s East Campus on Saturday, October 4 at 7:30am and will conclude with an announcement of the winner at 12am on Sunday, October 5.
- FashionTECH Runway Show: The latest in wearable technology and e-commerce will bring the intersection of technology and fashion front-and-center at the FashionTECH Runway Show. The show will feature brands such as: Continuum Fashion, Cindy & Johnny, Mary Mendwz, Burkman Bros., Gilbert and Lewis, 9th & Elm, Mizzen+Main, Sock101.com, The Laser Girls, Onassis Clothing, American Retro, Nour Hammour, and more. The show will also feature technology leaders on the catwalk in the latest styles provided by emerging brands and e-retailers. The show will be preceded by a happy hour from 7pm-8pm on Friday, October 3, and will begin shortly thereafter at 82Mercer on the Summit Stage.